Small RNA Analysis
Animals, plants, and fungi contain several distinct classes of small RNA, including:
- microRNA (miRNA)
- short interfering RNA (siRNA)
- piwi-interacting RNA (piRNA)
- siRNA RNA (rasiRNA)
Small RNA Analysis with the SOLiD™ System
The SOLiD™ Small RNA Solution is a robust method for hypothesis-neutral, whole genome analysis of expression patterns that enables you to discover novel RNA without the probe bias of microarrays. Using the SOLiD™ Total RNA-Seq Kit, you can convert total RNA into a library suitable for emulsion PCR in a single day. This simplified protocol reduces experimental variability and improves the detection of biologically relevant changes.
The SOLiD™ Total RNA-Seq kit is a single kit for the construction of libraries for either small RNA or whole transcriptome analysis. The expression profiles from these libraries are highly concordant with those from previous kits (SOLiD™ RNA Expression and SOLiD™ Whole Transcriptome Analysis kits).
Together, the SOLiD™ Total RNA-Seq Kit and the ultra-high throughput SOLiD™ 4 System:
- Conserve strandedness of cDNA, allowing you to know exactly which strand a particular transcript originated from.
- Generate up to greater than 700 million mappable sequence reads per run for a fragment library enabling high sensitivity for analyzing low RNA expression levels and measuring accurate fold changes at the same low expression levels.
- Enable you to multiplex and sequence RNA libraries simultaneously, reducing the cost of analysis per sample.
- Detect allele specific expression patterns
Experimental Workflow: Find the Products You Need for Every Step
Click the arrows above to view products