Whole Transcriptome Analysis
Currently, the most widely used method to analyze global patterns of gene expression is the DNA microarray. However, because microarrays are hybridization-based, you cannot use them to detect RNA transcripts not included in your array design or from repeated sequences. Also, microarrays offer limited dynamic range to detect subtle changes in expression level of target genes, which is critical in understanding biological response to stimuli or environmental changes.
SOLiD™ Total RNA-Seq Kit
The SOLiD™ Total RNA-Seq kit is a single kit for the construction of libraries for either whole transcriptome or small RNA analysis. The expression profiles from these libraries are highly concordant with those from previous kits (SOLiD™ Whole Transcriptome Analysis and SOLiD™ RNA Expression Kits)
Detect all known and novel RNAs in a transcriptome.
The sequencing-based SOLiD™ Total RNA-Seq kit enables you to detect all known and novel RNAs present in biological samples, with no bias toward known RNA molecules as with probe-based technologies. The kit provides you with new views of a cell’s transcriptome, including:
- Expression of all coding and non-coding RNAs
- Identification of alternative splicing events
- Expressed SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) or mutations
- Translocations and fusion transcripts
- Identify allele specific expression patterns
- Conserve strandedness of cDNA, allowing you to discern between overlapping RNAs transcribed from the sense or antisense strand.
- Generate up to greater than 700 million sequence reads per run for RNA expression analysis.
- Facilitate detection of fusion transcripts and alternate splicing with paired-end sequencing
- Enable you to multiplex and sequence RNA libraries simultaneously, reducing the cost of analysis per sample.
Experimental Workflow: Find the Products You Need for Every Step
Click the arrows above to view products
Publications & Literature